To re-apply wax to your furniture, you will need some hard furniture wax, some 0000 grade steel wool, super fine white Scotch-Brite pads #7445, and a soft rag such as an old t-shirt. The steps are as follows:
1. Lightly steel wool the entire surface working in the direction of the wood grain.
2. Take a clean cloth and wipe off any steel fibers that may be adhering to the wood work.
3. Use another piece of cloth to apply an even light coat of wax with the grain of the wood. When applying wax to a chair, be mindful to not get any on the seat upholstery.
4. When this is done, use the Scotch-Brite pad to lightly wipe the wax in the direction of the wood grain. You should be evening out the wax but not removing it, and overlapping your strokes as you work.
5. At this point, allow the wax to set for 5 minutes so that it can begin to dry.
6. Now with the unused surface of the Scotch-Brite pad, rub the surface clean once again in the direction of the grain.
7. The final step is to buff the surface with a clean soft rag until the wood feels smooth and the luster is restored.